Kansas City Kristal

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Recipe Binder

Recipes BEFORE


Stack of stuff I needed to deal with....
This weeks challenge at A Bowl Full of Lemons was to create or improve a recipe binder.  I am not much into the binder for my recipes, as I have a lot of recipe books and a couple of recipe boxes for the recipes that I frequently use.  However, in looking at where I house all of my great culinary inspiration, I noticed I had gotten lazy and had a pile of recipes that needed re-filed as well as some magazine clippings that needed addressed. 
Recipe binders
I already had the above recipe binder with a built-in easel which I like the idea of, but I don't currently utilize it.  So I put some magazine clipping recipes that would fit, as it is smaller than a regular binder.  Then I created a new binder (upcycled) and hole punched a lot of recipes that I printed off from all recipes.com and pulled out of magazines.  I added in my leftover page protectors from the home management binder challenge and made a couple of section dividers with my fancy folders.  I consider myself a "mixologist" and I had a stack of martini recipes that I have printed out which I use for inspiration for my "theme" drinks.  Now they have a nice new home in my recipe binder and their very own section!  You've heard of a dirty martini?  Here is a recipe for a clean one:  1 and 1/2 ounces gin, 3/4 ounce dry vermouth, mix together with ice and strain into glass with olive garnish.  But when I am cleaning, I prefer to drink Kristal Clean Lemonade: 

Make a "small" pitcher of Country Time or Crystal Lite Lemonade, add 1 can Sprite and 1/2 cup (or more, depending on what kind of cleaning you have to do...) of your favorite vodka.  After a pitcher of that, my recipe closet looks like this:
Oh wait, that's what your head feels like if you drink too much, too fast...
                            Warning: You might see these...
 
Oh, there it is!  The recipe closet, magically cleaned!  


                                 Now THAT was FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments is FUN! Thanks for taking the time to make my day!